- Meet the Team
- Leadership Opportunities
- Cultural Programs & Diversity Education
- Honors & Awards
- Employer & Alumni Connections
- Family & Gender Neutral Restrooms
- LGBTQ Information
Leadership certification programs
Are you ready to lead ? PLACE’s Leadership Certification Programs are designed to develop individual leader and team leadership skills. All Leadership Certification Programs are semester long experiences designed to prepare you to be an effective leader in any area ! Dig in, find your PLACE.
The Emerging Leaders’ Institute (ELI) is a holistic leadership development program. ELI is a semester- long leadership certification program designed to ignite & discover leadership potential while developing individual leadership skills. ELI is offered both in the Fall and Spring and is open to all undergraduate students. Space is limited to 35 participants per semester. The Emerging Leaders’ Institute is offered both Wednesdays 11:30-1:00 and Thursdays from 4:30 -6:00.
|What are the benefits of being a part of ELI?
Registration for the Fall Institute closes September 5th.
The Organizational Leaders’ Institute (OLI) is a training program for current and aspiring leaders of student organizations and future professional team leaders and project managers. OLI prepares participants to be stronger leaders of teams utilizing core professional leadership skill areas. OLI meets Tuesdays from 4:30 to 6:00 and is open to all undergraduate students. Space is limited to 30 participants.
OLI has two certification components completed over the course of a year:
Foundations of Organizational Leadership – Fall Semester
The Foundations of Organizational Leadership Certificate introduces and focuses on the following competencies:
- Administrative skills needed to assess and evaluate program and initiative effectiveness
- Personal development and self -awareness as it relates to being a confident leader
- Group facilitation skills essential to leading and developing training and teambuilding
Management of Organizational Leadership – Spring Semester
The Management of Organizational Leadership Certificate focuses on the following competencies:
- Team Leadership – develop skills and confidence to effectively lead a team
- Human Relations – develop skills necessary to understand individuals on your team
- Team Empowerment– develop skills necessary to empower your team to reach organization goals
|What are the benefits of being a part of OLI?|
The Graduate Leaders’ Institute (GLI) is a certificate program designed to meet the leadership development needs of graduate students. This institute equips graduate students with the resources and skills essential for success as professional leader and is open to all graduate students.
The Graduate Leaders’ Institute is a semester long program.
|What are the benefits of being a part of GLI?|